Monday, January 23, 2012

Lately I have been...

*Sprouting beans!* 



They cook up much quicker than just cooking regular ol' dry beans, I'd say 20 min - 1/2 hour.  Sprouting also makes them easier to digest.  It is super easy, I just soak them in a jar overnight then over the next few days rinse them off a few times.  This way they won't completely dry out and start to sprout!  I got this idea from Nourishing Traditions cookbook.  I have been trying to make something out of there once in a while and add it to our regular eating schedule.  



* Taking care of ones not feeling well (including me) *



I think we may have had rotavirus.  Fabe first, then Zeb got it, me and my mom and last was Adela.  Poor Fabe had it the worst though, which is true with rotavirus, sometimes adults have little to no symptoms.  



* getting crafty (or in the mood at least) *

On the list right now are
- knitting socks for Addy, they are 1/16th of the way done!
-finishing last year's quilts
and
-sewing some upcycled sweater sleeve pants for Fabe

I have some extra time right now.  Zeb is on a personal retreat this week so it is just me here with the kids.  I hope to use a lot of this time by myself reading or crafting.  Maybe I will watch something on netflix or hulu once or twice.  

Take care! 

No comments:

Post a Comment