Friday, May 27, 2011

bits and pieces from the week

Me and Fabe walking down to our field.  It is a pretty little path through the woods.

Perfect little flowers. Can you see the spider?  I didn't even notice he was there until I uploaded these.

The garlic has grown so big since the first picture I took of it.
Lavender Lemonade - delicious, refreshing and not too floral.  As beautiful as lavender is, it can be hard to take in food sometimes. Tasting this reminds me of catering work I did in California, and our wedding :)    


My prayers were answered - we got a few good chances to work outside this week.  The garlic is looking good, we have some green onions and shallots planted now too.  All of our produce is about 2 weeks behind because of all the rain we have had.  It seems to be like that for all the farms around here.

The CSA starts next week!  Eeeee! I am very excited and nervous.  It is a difficult and anxious feeling to have planned something for months and have everything set up and then wait for it to start.  I just want it to go so well.

My grandfather, mother, uncle and some cousins go to the Indy 500 every year and this year we are blessed with my grandmother staying with us for 4 whole days!  It has been fun, I love my grandma.  To go to Indy, as we call it, is a big deal in my family.  My father used to say that he would "rather watch paint dry on the wall" and I lean more towards his view of it, but I am sure it would be fun live.  I hope my family is having a great time. 

Have a great weekend!
Carla

No comments:

Post a Comment