Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Not going to a concert

Zeb is going to see Mogwai tonight and I am not.  I elected not to go so that we didn't have to find babysitters and whatnot.  It has been bothering me today though, not that I am going to miss a cool concert but that I don't really care.  I used to love music especially live music.  It is certainly still enjoyable to me now but the passion is gone.  Is it a phase?  Is it being a mom or would I feel like this at my age anyway? It really just seems like a chore, get the kids ready, make food to take for everyone, find babysitters, long drive, late night, cranky kids, nope I think I will just stay home.  Enjoy yourself honey!  I realize everyone changes with time, but I don't want to lose my healthy interests and culture.  Sigh, ... alright, time to go feed the chickens and listen to some college radio (the only semi-good station).

2 comments:

  1. Mogwai. I am kickig myself now that I didn't burn all my itunes music before I switched to a new operating system that doesn't support itunes. I don't think it's age. I think it just depends. I think if I was having a busy week or felt stressed I would bag the concert and stay home but if things came together like I had leftovers so I didn't have to make everyone food and the babysitter worked out (as in, it was easy to find one) I might go.

    You aren't losing your interest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, yeah you are probably right Kathleen.

    ReplyDelete